- Farm to Cafeteria – Students harvested over 3,500 pounds of produce from Classroom in Bloom’s garden for in 2017! This is an important aspect of our programs because about 50% of our MVSD qualifies for the free and reduced school lunch program. Therefore our healthy foods go directly to those who need it most!
- Storage Crops – we grow and store hundreds of pounds of winter storage crops such as beets, carrots, parsnips, squash, green beans, and apples in root cellars and freezers throughout the Valley. We deliver bags of produce to the cafeteria during the winter months for tasty treats for the students.
- Local’s Lunch – Biannually, Classroom in Bloom provides fresh foods for the school kitchen to prepare a community lunch, open to the public to share with our school children.
- Winter Culture and Cooking Classes – Classroom in Bloom visits each elementary school classroom for cooking lessons and healthy snacks during the winter months.
- Harvest of the Month – each month we offer a taste testing of fresh vegetables and homemade foods using Classroom in Bloom ingredients in the school cafeterias at the Methow Valley Elementary School and Liberty Bell High School.