We inspire children to grow healthy food and connect with nature.
Classroom in Bloom is a community garden, built to inspire Methow Valley children to live a healthy lifestyle, make healthy choices, and eat healthy food. Our Farm-to-Cafeteria program teaches about sustainable food systems that support our agricultural community, providing experiential, inquiry-based learning opportunities and a place-based sense of wonder. Our school garden produces thousands of pounds of produce, donated to the school cafeterias, the summer lunch program, and the Cove food bank.
Highlights of our Program
- Elementary School garden curriculum
- Garden Club after school program
- Locals Lunch program
- Harvest of the month program in school cafeterias
- Kids summer day camps
- Adult DirtWorks education programs
- High school internship program
- High school senior project mentorship
- Expanded planting area
- Worm composting and education
- Winter culinary kitchen program
- Approximately 2,000 pounds of produce annually